Great Bradley Village Timeline
This interactive timeline shows some of the major events and activities in the village over the last 5,000 years
Stone Age man lived in or near Great Bradley. A stone age pick has been found in Bradley Park Wood.
Bronze Age man lived in or near Great Bradley. Two Bronze Ages sites exist in Great Bradley. One is single ring ditch was identified from crop marks in 1980, near the site of the old mill. The other is near Bradley Park Wood. Scatters of flint (suggesting occupation) have been found in three places: Near the Mill mound, at Long Acre Green and in a field north of Hall Lane.
50 BC - 400 AD
The Romans lived in or near Great Bradley. The most significant find was a coin from the Constantine era (303-337). It was found near Hart Wood and was depicted on the bottom left frame of the previous village sign, replaced in 2010. Some Romano-British pottery (4th C) was found near the site of the former windmill on Bradley Hill.
500 - 1000
The Anglo Saxons lived in and around Great Bradley. It is not possible to say when they first settled.
Ulf was the name of the Saxon Thane who farmed the land in Great Bradley until the arrival of the Normans. The land was owned by Leofric, the grandson of the celebrated Lady Godiva.
Robert de Tosny is given manor of Great Bradley. The Norman, Robert de Tosny came to England with William the Conqueror in 1066. In 1071 Edwin, Earl of Mercia, was assassinated and his lands distributed amongst William's followers. Robert de Tosny was granted the manor of Bradley and one third of the king's rents in Stafford. He went on to build Stafford Castle. Tosny is nowadays a little village, population 677, ten miles south of Rouen in the north of France
Domesday Book records 14 villagers in Bradley (Great & Little combined). There were 14 villagers, 12 smallholders and 6 slaves, 52 pigs and a beehive. A church is recorded, but this could be the one at Little Bradley as it believed to be older, Smallholders were reasonably independent farmers, but still owed service to the lord.
Norman part of Church is late 12th C. The central part of the church, form the 12th Century is the oldest remaining section.
1216 - 1272
Bigod Family own the Manor. The Bigod family owned the manor of Bradley in the 13th C. The Bigods were noted for, amongst other things, being the the 1st Earls of Norfolk and owners of Framlingham Castle in Suffolk, taking part in the release of Richard the Lionheart and the signing of the Magna Carta. More
William Bigod was the owner of the manor
Sir John de Botetourt owns the Manor
The Tenor Bell in the Church cast.
2nd May, 1311
Robert Buteturt becomes Rector
13th Nov, 1316
Roger Buteturt named as Rector of St Mary's [unsure as to why it is recorded twice]
7th Apr, 1318
Johannes De Norton becomes Rector of St Mary's
9th Feb, 1332
Johannes De Pakynton becomes Rector of St Mary's
10th Jan, 1344
Ricardus Le Morter (or le Mercer) De Berningham becomes Rector
Church Tower built in late 14th Century in the late 14th Century in the English Perpendicular style.
23rd Oct, 1350
Thomas Gerond De Stratford becomes Rector of St Mary's
29th Oct, 1361
Ricardus De Gretyngdon is Rector of St Mary's
The Baptismal font is late 14th C. The octagonal stone font dates from the late 14th century. In the panels of the bowl are quatrefoils, containing fleurons. More fleurons and some shields are carved beneath the bowl. Around the stem are trefoil-headed arches and around its base are more fleurons. A careful look at this font reveals traces of original colour in the stonework.
1st Sep, 1391
Johannes Hercos becomes Rector of St Mary's
Bartholemew family own Great Bradley Manor. The Bartholemew family were owners of Great Bradley Manor for over 100 years. Brooksby was Sheriff of Leicestershire in 1411 and again in 1420, and member of five parliaments between 1410 and 1435. The picture shows the family coat of arms
4th Oct, 1400
Johannes Pacewode becomes Rector of St Mary's
10th Sep, 1404
Tomas Philip becomes Rector of St Mary's
24th Feb, 1422
Thomas Rydell becomes Rector of St Mary's
Bartholomew Brooksby owned the manor. The Broksby family remained for over 100 years
10th Mar, 1437
Dominus Johannes Laceby made Rector of St Mary's
Lady Margaret Beaufort born: owner of much of the land round Great Bradley. She was mother of King Henry VII, born when she was just 13. She owned the land between East Green and the River. This land then passed over to St John's College in whose ownership it remained until recently. It is now in private ownership. The twin cottages on the Newmarket side of the village, called Str John's Cottages are a reminder of the past. She helped found Christ's College and St John's College in Cambridge. Lady Margaret Hall, the first women's college at Oxford University, was named
29th Jan, 1459
Thomas Gardener made Rector of St Mary's
15th Mar, 1494
Williemus Villers made Rector of St Mary's
5th Sep, 1494
Dominus Johannes Baldwin made Rector of St Mary's
13th Dec, 1498
Ricardus Brokisby made Rector of St Mary's
1st Jun, 1500
Earliest Nave window in Church is 16th C
13th Jul, 1513
Dominus Johannes Bancrofte made Rector of St Mary's
26th Oct, 1515
Thomas Lobley made Rector of Great Bradley
The brick church porch is Tudor (16th Century). It is said that the bricklayer was also employed by Henry VIII
The Treble Bell was cast before this date. The treble bell bears no inscription, so its origins are unknown, but authorities claim that this is almost certainly a pre-Reformation bell (ie pre 1540) but no older than 1300 (according too one of the repairers). It weights over 5 hundredweight and is over 30 inches in diameter. The note it rings is C sharp.
24th Sep, 1541
Thomas Asheton made Rector of Great Bradley
Church Tower modified extensively in 16th Century.
Sir Thomas Soames owns Great Bradley Manor. The Soames' owned Great Bradley manor in the 16th C. They also owned a house in Hatton Garden and land in London, and eventually had land and interests in Tobago. Thomas' son was to become Sir Stephen Soames, the Lord Mayor of London and Lord of the Staple, which means he sat on the Wool Sack. The family commissioned Vermuyden to prepare plans to drain the fens.
1st Oct, 1558
Robertus Williamson made Rector of St Mary's
Second church bell made in Bury St Edmunds. The second bell, according to Raven ('The Church Bells of Suffolk - 1890 edition') dates from 1576. It weighs over 6 hundredweight and is 33 inches in diameter. The note is B+. It has an inscription stating it was made in Bury St Edmunds by the Stefanyz [Stephen] Tonni workshop in in 1576.
22nd Jun, 1576
Oliverus Phillippes made Rector of St Mary's
1st Oct, 1623
Bartholomew Adrian made Rector of St Mary's
The Peyton family own the manor. Sir John Peyton was the 1st Baronet of Isleham and heir to one of Cambridgeshire’s most substantial landowners. Following his marriage to Martha Livesey in 1604, Peyton received a grant from his father of the Suffolk manor of Great Bradley. Great Bradley remained Peyton’s address until at least June 1614 when, after barely seven months as a widower, he married Lady Jane Themilthorpe, the former wife of a Norfolk squire, a match which enhanced his personal fortune by about £7,000. It also resulted in his departure for Norwich, where he was resident in 1615.
Sir William Soames owns the manor. 1627 Sir William was a resident of Little Thurlow and a Lord Mayor of London.
8th Sep, 1674
Robert Billingsley made Rector of St Mary's
14th May, 1675
Thomas Cox made Rector of St Mary's
22nd Dec, 1679
William Cyffard made Rector of St Mary's
Sir William Soames' son, also William, put the manor in trust to his wife for her lifetime, and thence to other family members
1681: Earliest date on a gravestone in the churchyard from the 2010 survey.
Anthony Turberville owns the manor. The Turbervilles of Cookham in Berkshire held the Manor of Great Bradley, having inherited it through marriage into the Farmer family
22nd Jul, 1690
Ichabod (sic) Tipping made Rector of St Mary's
14th Apr, 1692
John Cooper made Rector of St Mary's
Parish Records date from here
Great Bradley School begins. The school was part of a wider charity movement (the Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge) to provide free education to the poor.
1709 - 1753
Charles Fox owns the manor
24th Mar, 1728
William Nash made Rector of St Mary's
1753 - 1884
Thomas Brand & family own the manor. The Brand family became Lords Dacre and later Viscounts Hampden.
Thomas Brand born, one time owner of Great Bradley Manor. The Brand family owned Great Bradley manor during the 18th and 19th Centuries. Thomas Brand was, at one time, the owner of Great Bradley Manor. He was an MP. His son, also Thomas Brand, became 20th Baron Dacre. Their descendants became the Viscounts Hampden two generations later.
14th Aug, 1783
Spencer Madan made Rector of St Mary's
8th Jun, 1786
Thomas Wythe made Rector of St Mary's
1793 - 1839
A Post Windmill is known to have existed on Bradley Hill. St. John's College map dated 1793 as a Post Mill and was rebuilt as a Tower Mill in 1839 for the sum of £153. 4s. 2d.
Village Population is 395
Village Population is 406 in 55 houses
1815 - 1837
Former Three Tuns pub is run as a blacksmiths. In 1815 the freehold of land was acquired by Philip Frost, Blacksmith.
Village Population is 487 in 89 houses
Village Population is 527 in 89 houses
Three Tuns pub in East Green is bought by Jenner's Brewery in Kedington.
17th Nov, 1835
William Samuel Parr Wilder made Rector
1837 - 1865
William Chapman runs a butchers shop in former Three Tuns
A Tower Windmill is built on the site of the former Post Mill for the sum of £153.4s.2d. It was operated till 1908 and demolished in 1949
The Census shows the Village Population is 544. This is the highest it has ever been recorded.
John Bocking is landlord of The Fox until 1844
1842 - 1855
William Paxman is landlord of The Crown. The Crown Inn is known to have existed in 1842, for a Tithe Map of that date denotes the owner of "The Crown Public House Cottages and Pastures" as being William Paxman,
1842 - 1920
Thomas Brand, later Lord Dacre & Viscounts Hampden own the manor
1844 - 1855
William Barker is Landlord of The Fox pub. He is also recorded as a wheelwright
The Census records the Village Population as 542.
Samuel Collett is landlord of The Fox. His gravestone is near the south porch of the church.
1855 - 1874
Richard Fredick Paxman is landlord of The Crown pub. Richard Fredick Paxman was the landlord at least until 1874. (In 1861 the census records Richard to be 50 years old and living at he Crown with his wife Hester, aged 52; daughter Eliza, aged 18; father William aged 84 and Richard Frederick, grandson , aged 3)
First record of a Post Office in the Village.
1st May, 1864
S.Botry Pigott made Rector of St Mary's
1865 - 1882
Chapman family, builders, own former Three Tuns pub
The Census records 401 people living in the village.
1st Mar, 1869
John.T.Wilder made Rector of St Mary's.
1st Sep, 1870
McM.Charles.G.Wilder made Rector of St Mary's
The Census records 450 people living in Great Bradley.
1874 - 1880
John Day is landlord of The Fox pub
Grays of London made the church organ. The organ wasn't moved to St Mary's until 1959 though.
New school building opens. It is now the village hall.
J.T.Wilder made Rector again
The census records the Village Population as 359.
1882 - 1833
John Champan runs Three Tunns as pub for first time.
Nathan Gooch, the blind landlord of The Fox, born. Nathan Gooch was the blind landlord of The Fox public house. Strangers, unaware of his disability, would be astounded to learn that he was blind, for he would serve them with their drinks, take their money and give them change with the confidence and assurance of a sighted person. His gravestone is in the Churchyard.
Thomas Jenner brewery sells Three Tuns pub in East Green to Greene King
1887 - 1891
Ann Richardson is landlady of The Crown. Ann Richardson is shown as the landlord and the pub was bought by the Greene King-with-Kedington Brewery
22nd Jun, 1887
Village Celebrates Queen Victoria's Golden Jubilee. On Wednesday, 22nd June, the day was observed chiefly as a holiday. The number of parishioners being just 300, 280 met on the Square opposite the Fox Inn at a quarter before 3 o'clock, headed by the Rector, the Clerk and the band playing 'God Save the Queen', the rear being brought up by the Donors of the Feast. Those people marched to the Parish Churchyard where a short service, was held.
Richard Hayward is landlord of The Fox pub
1891 - 1892
Christopher Richardson landlord of The Crown. It was known then as the Rose and Crown
The Census records the Village Population is 317.
Rev Burnard Wilder is Rector of Great Bradley. Last of four brothers who were Rectors of the Parish. He served from 1892 - 1920. He was, without doubt, the greatest "character" of all the Rectors of our church. He is reputed to have had coins made inscribed "1 pint" and "1/2 pint". The story goes that if the male members of his congregation attended Church once a day they were given a 1/2 pint token and, if twice a day, then they were given a 1 pint token. These tokens could be exchanged at the pub for the relative quantity of beer!
1892 - 1916
Richard Hayward is landlord at The Crown (known then as the Rose & Crown)
1st Aug, 1892
W.B.C.Wilder made Rector of St Mary's
14th Dec, 1894
Formation of Parish Council. The Parish Council was formed under the Local Government Act 1894, and held its first meeting on 14th December 1894. The Reverend W. B. C. Wilder was appointed Chairman, a post he held for 38 years until his death in 1932. More
1900 - 1916
R B Jevons is landlord of The Fox pub
Fred Templeman, famous jockey was living in Great Bradley. Fred Templeman appears in the 1901 Census of Great Bradley. He is 9 years old and living with his sisters and recently widowed father in Fox Farm, next to the Fox pub. He grew up to be a famous jockey and racehorse trainer. The family arrived in Great Bradley about 1889 and Fred left home for Lambourn, Berkshire, to begin his jockey's apprentice c.1904. He had his first ride in 1905, aged 13. Fred's greatest triumph as a jockey was winning the Derby in 1919 on Grand Parade in it's debut season. He was killed in WW11.
The Census records the Village Population as 264.
Josiah Nice, the Miller, hanged himself. In 1908, Josiah Nice decided to have extensive renovations carried out on the windmill. For this he employed Hunts, the millwrights and General Engineers, of Soham. Hunts were well known millwrights and they worked on most of the mills in this area from 1836 to 1954, when their business was sold. The renovations had almost been completed when a bad thunderstorm occurred, causing the miller and millwrights to take shelter in Mill House. A few minutes later, a flash of lightning struck the sails, causing a tremendous amount of damage. The miller had no money to spend on further refurbishment and was distraught. He killed himself. The mill fell into disrepair and was never worked again. By 1949, it had the remains of only two sails and was demolished at that time. Today there is merely a mound covered in shrubs where it once stood.
The census record the Village Population as 247.
1916 - 1925
George Shore is landlord at the Fox
1916 - 1925
Sophia Hayward is The Crown landlady
Silent Film released called The Great Bradley Mystery. It's nothing to do with Great Bradley. A black and white silent movie made in the USA. The plot involves an affair with a Mr Bradley (actor Edward Ellis) and his stenographer, Lola. When she becomes pregnant Bradley blames his business partner, Collier. Lola dies after having her baby, and not long after, Bradley is found dead. Collier said that he and Bradley were fighting, and Bradley pulled a gun. They struggled, the gun went off, and Bradley was killed.
Viscount Harpden sells The Fox to Greene King brewery. Rt. Hon. Thomas Walter Viscount Harpden (Lord of the Manor) and the Rt. Hon. Katherine Mary Viscountess Hampden by Greene King in 1919.
21st Mar, 1919
The Magnificent Altar Window was installed in memory of Rex Wilder son of the Rector, killed in the early days of WW1.
1920 - 1951
Charles Foster Ryder owned the manor. Charles was the father of Baroness Ryder of Warsaw (1923-2000), formerly Sue Ryder, known for the care homes
Village Population is 215
19th May, 1923
Sue Ryder, or Baroness Ryder of Warsaw, born. Sue Ryder, or Baroness Ryder of Warsaw (1923-2000), is most well known for her care homes. Charles Foster Ryder was her father and he owned Great Bradley Hall. Her brother, Stephen, lived in Great Bradley Hall. Charles Ryder is the current owner.
1925 - 1937
Rose Gooch is landlady of The Fox pub
1925 - 1955
The Crown pub closes and is used as a post office & garage.
Rev Burnard Wilder died.
Village Population is 189. The lowest it has ever been.
P.H.E.Wilder made Rector of St Mary's
1937 - 1957
Nathan Gooch is the landlord of The Fox pub. 1937: Nathan Gooch Nathan Gooch is remembered today as being the blind landlord. Strangers, unaware of his disability, would be astounded to learn that he was blind, for he would serve them with their drinks, take their money and give them change with the confidence and assurance of a sighted person. His gravestone is in the Churchyard.
Village Celebrated King George V Silver Jubilee.
Maria Woolstone Rowbottom dies. Maria is recorded as having died, aged 90 at Great Bradley Rectory. She was widow of Major Lever Robert Rowbottom, former Wigan Coroner
ES Barrington Barnes made Rector of St Mary's
Great Bradley Stakes, 2mile race at Newmarket
Great Bradley Stakes, a 1200m race at Newmarket
Parish Council Reformed after 15 years of Inactivity. The Parish Council was re-formed in 1946, with the Reverend E. S. Barrington-Barnes as Chairman, but the minutes show that only two meetings were held.
Three Tuns pub closes. It is now a house called Wychwood.
Windmill demolished after 40 years of being inactive.
1951 - 2003
(Richard) Stephen Ryder was owner of the manor
Village Population is 212
L E West made Rector of St Mary's
New houses are built on what is now the part of Evergreen Lane that runs parallel to the main road. The former Evergreen Road that ran past Mathews Farm is renamed Matthews Lane. The houses at the end of the road by the turning circle were built later.
Parish Council in current form meets. R. S. Ryder was appointed Chairman in 1955, and held this post for the 40 years to 1995.
2nd Oct, 1955 - 1975
The former Crown pub opens as a post office. In March 1953, Mr. and Mrs. Beavis bought the Crown House, and it was re-opened as a Post Office by Mrs. A.R. Beavis on 2nd October, 1965.
1957 - 1981
Nathan Gooch Jnr is landlord of The Fox. Nathan Cecil Gooch took over "The Fox" from my grandfather " Nathan Gooch" in or around 1957. He and his wife, Violet Gooch ran this establishment until early 1967 when they retired. Unfortunately, 8 weeks after his retirement, Nathan died of a heart attack
Church Organ moved to St Mary's from St Andrew's Church, Walberswick.
Village Population is 230
Ian Charnock made Rector of St Mary's. On Rev Ian Charnock departure, Great Bradley Rectory was sold.
Rev Alfred Johnson made Rector of St Mary's
Building work starts on the Clarendale development. The new housing development, called Clarendale, is built between 1966 and 1968 on the old cricket square
Village School closes after 200 years.
25th Oct, 1971
Village Hall charity created to turn the school into a hall. The charity was created to generate funds to turn the old school building into the village hall.
19th May, 1974
Rev Derek Hill, Priest in Charge of St Mary's
19th Sep, 1976 - 1990
Crown House (the former Crown pub) is run as Post Office & garage run by Tony Knight. On 19th September 1976, Mr. and Mrs. Tony Knight took possession of the property, and Mrs. Knight became sub-postmistress. It had two petrol pumps for many years, the petrol having been changed from Esso to Bulldog in the late 1970s. These pumps, together with the shop, provided key facilities for the village. All are now gone.
Village Celebration of the Queen's Silver Jubilee.
Rev Dr Lesllie Francis made Rector of St Mary's
Dennis Pugh - last Landlord of The Fox with his wife Jean until it closed in 1986
Repairs carried out on the bells of St Mary's.
Winner of Suffolk Best Kept Village, Novice Class.
Apr, 1983 - 2010
First Village Sign erected. Amongst other things it honoured the marriage of Prince Charles & Lady Diana.
19th May, 1983
Rev Alan Beardsmore made Rector
Winner Suffolk Best Kept Village, Novice Class.
The Fox pub, the last in the village, closed.
Saxonsprings High Society moves to Great Bradley. Saxonsprings High Society was a Lhasa Apso champion, pictured here winning Best-in-Show at the Driffield Championship Show in 1993, out of an entry of 9,010 dogs! She is one of the few Lhasas to win Best-in-Show. at an all breeds Championship show. Daughter of Champion Saxonsprings Hackensack (the only Lhasa to have ever won Best-In-Show, at Crufts). She lived in Great Bradley for most of her 16 years from 1987 - 2004. Bred by the late Jean Blyth, she came to the village aged just 8 weeks old.
Rev John Wardle made Rector of St Mary's
Rev Edmund Betts, Haverhill Team Vicar is Rector of St Mary's
Village Sports Day.
There were 125 houses in the village
1995 - 2007
Tony Knight, who ran the post office and garage from the former Crown pub is Chair of Parish Council
Rev John Williams is Rector of St Mary's. In 1997 St Mary's became part of the Stourhead Benefice
There were 127 houses in the village
1996 - 1998
Fox Green development is built. In June 1988, Messrs. R. S. and C. W. C. Ryder of Great Bradley Farms announced the intention to undertake a development at Fox Farm, and to relocate the farming business away from the centre of the village. It was proposed that 25 houses would be built at Fox Farm, and a separate 3.5 acre recreation ground adjacent to the development would be made available. Villagers were invited to a meeting in the Village Hall on 13th June 1988, at which an outline of the scheme was shown.
Rev John Eley becomes Rector of St Mary's. John was born the son of a shepherd and came to prominence as 'The Cooking Canon' on BBC TV's Pebble Mill at One when he entertained audiences with cookery and comedy as a double act with Rabbi Lionel Blue. He has three best selling publications from this series, The Cooking Canon, The Cooking Canon Entertains and Simply Divine
There were 154 houses in the village. A Millennium project was established which aimed to photograph all the houses in the village and plant an oak tree and seat by the village garden overlooking the Stour Valley
Plan to create Reservoir at Great Bradley. The reservoir was never built.
Village website launched. It was created by Rowan Sylvester Bradley
Charles Ryder is owner of the manor. Charles is the son of Stephen Ryder
Second version of village website launched
There were 156 houses in the village
The Grove was planted at the western end of the Recreation Ground.
Rowan Sylvester-Bradley is Chair of the Parish Council
Second Village Sign erected. Its much more simplistic and lost a number of historical references.
Play Equipment installed on the Recreation Ground.
3rd version of Village website goes live. This time created using templates by Weebly
Flood knocks out Village Hall. A burst pipe flooded the village hall, which meant it was out of action for at least 6 months
Rev Derek Hollis appointed vicar of St Mary's as part of the Stourhead Benefice
Work on new water pipeline begins. Essex and Suffolk Water have a proposal called the Abberton Reservoir Scheme in place. The overall aim of the Abberton Reservoir Scheme is to enlarge the capacity of the reservoir by 60%, and to provide enough water to fill it for future customer supply. Of interest to Great Bradley is the fact that the water that currently flows down the Kirtling Brook and in to the Stour, will be able to go in a new 15km pipeline from Kirtling to Wixoe instead.
May , 2011
Census Taken. The population was 354. Generalised data has been released over subsequent years.
Village Hall re-opens after flood. The village hall was re-opened after a disastrous flood in January 2011. The whole of the floor had to be re-laid.
5th Jun, 2012
The Village celebrates the Queen's Diamond Jubilee.
Water Pipeline along River Stour is completed. The River Stour pipeline from Kedington to Wixoe is completed with remarkably little fuss.
All streetlights in the village controlled by the County Council will be switched off from 12.00 midnight to 5.30 am. Some lights are controlled by the district council, These are not affected.
Simon Kiddy is elected Chair of the Parish Council
Stuart Wilson takes over as editor of The Bugle from Sue Sylvester-Bradley & Helen Smith
12 May 2013
Wedding of Meg and Charlie. This was the first wedding in the church for a long time.
8th Aug, 2014
WWI Centenary Commemoration. An exhibition was held at the Village Hall on Friday 8th August. There were photo displays and video footage, as well as lots of information; and in addition there was also be a number of general interest items and pictures from the village archives
20th Apr, 2015
Willow Sculpture added to Recreation Ground. A living willow sculpture was planted on the recreation ground near the play area.
Village Facebook group created. A Facebook group was created for the village. Within a year there were 150 members
Allotments were created on Paxman's Field off Matthews Lane, for the benefit of residents
The First Big Lunch event was held on the Recreation Ground. Rotten weather - but good fun.
26th Jul 2015
The first Open Gardens event was held in Great Bradley. It raised funds for the village hall.
Super fast broadband arrived in the village. Broadband speeds went up from a maximum of 4Mb/s to 65Mb/s
Installation of woody debris bunds (sourced from woods here at Great Bradley) in about 70 different places along the river from Water Lane to Little Bradley bridge. The woody debris will act as flow deflectors creating, over time, more complex river habitats and markedly improving the ecology of the river. This forms part of a wider conservation plan for the Gt Bradley estate.
A new post is erected to hold the village sign.
Oct 16, 2016
A Defibulator was Installed on the outside wall of the Village Hall and one of the village residents provided instruction on its use
May 1, 2017 PORTABLE PINT
As the village has no pub, a Portable pub was hired out once a month over the summer season and it proved a big hit!
Jun 6, 2017
Church Tower Open. The Church Tower was open during the annual village fete
Aug 30, 2017
Young Artists Event. The village Art Group passed on their skills to young people in the village
Sep 1, 2017
New House at Pond House. Some land at Pond House was sold off to build 'Bradley House', the first new house in the village for some years