1. Broadband at the Village Hall. Due to the flood this had remained unused so far this year. Councillor Smith said she was to see the tutor next week to see if the courses could be started again.
2. The Clerk’s salary. The Council decided to increase the Clerk’s paid hours from 4 to 5.
3. Village Hall maps. It was felt that these could not be funded by the Parish Council next year. Councillor Willington suggested that they could be part of the £500 donation given this year.
4. Village Hall donation would have to be reduced to £250
5. The Jubilee event should be budgeted for £400 and therefore other events would not be budgeted next year.
6. Asset maintenance budget should be £200
7. Village tidy-up budget £100
8. New flags for the village hall flagpole could not be budgeted next year
9. Gazebos could not be budgeted next year
10. New seat for the churchyard budgeted at £350
The Precept was discussed and it was agreed that, with the continuing 10% reduction in grant from St Edmundsbury Borough Council, an increase was required to maintain an adequate reserve. After much discussion Councillor Kiddy proposed the Precept level shown in suggested budget C of £9,600. This was seconded by Councillor Smith and all approved.
The Precept Estimates will be sent to St Edmundsbury Borough Council in good time in order to receive the Parish grant.
This is an extract from the latest published Parish Council minutes. To see them in full click here